Zika Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Zika virus. Zika virus (ZIKV) is an insect-borne virus, of the flavivirus genus, that is spread by Aedes mosquitoes. The most common symptoms of Zika virus disease (Zika) are fever, rash, joint pain, and red eye. The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting from several days to a week. Severe disease requiring hospitalization is uncommon. The symptoms of Zika are similar to those of dengue and chikungunya, which are diseases caused by other viruses spread by the same type of mosquitoes. Zika virus can be spread from a pregnant woman to her unborn baby. There have been reports of a serious birth defect of the brain called microcephaly and other poor pregnancy outcomes in babies of mothers who were infected with Zika virus while pregnant. On February 1st, 2016, the WHO declared the Zika outbreak as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). As of August 2017 the number of new Zika virus cases in the Americas had fallen dramatically.
The objectives of Zika Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for zika fever and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to zika.
- Mosquito that can carry Zika virus turns up near Isleton, vector district officials say - Sacramento Bee
Thu, 22 Oct 2020 21:32 GMT
- Zika Epidemic Was More Widespread Than Thought: Study - U.S. News & World Report
Thu, 08 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- Zika infections drastically underreported during 2015 epidemic - Science Daily
Thu, 01 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- How Zika virus degrades essential protein for neurological development via autophagy - Science Daily
Mon, 28 Sep 2020 07:00 GMT
- The Americas Vastly Under-Counted Zika Cases - Zika News
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 20:20 GMT
- Zika and other arboviruses linked to neurological issues - Medical News Today
Sat, 26 Sep 2020 07:00 GMT
- Risk of Zika Virus Vertical Transmission Reported at 47% - Zika News
Mon, 19 Oct 2020 19:10 GMT
- Blocking Zika virus maternal-to-fetal transmission using innovative “organ in a dish” - Bangkok Post
Wed, 21 Oct 2020 04:58 GMT
- Vertical transmission of Zika virus and its outcomes: a Bayesian synthesis of prospective studies - The Lancet
Wed, 14 Oct 2020 22:46 GMT
- Global $245.6 Million Zika Virus Testing Market - Trajectory & Analytics, 2012-2019 & 2020-2027 - GlobeNewswire
Thu, 08 Oct 2020 11:34 GMT
- Zika Virus Testing Market: Technological Advancement & Growth Analysis with Forecast to 2025 - Eurowire
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 07:19 GMT
- Zika epidemic was more widespread than thought - Health24
Fri, 16 Oct 2020 16:46 GMT
- Zika Virus Testing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product Types, And Applications Forecast To 2026 - PRnews Leader
Thu, 22 Oct 2020 21:06 GMT
- Zika Virus Testing Market Key Development Opportunities Covid-19 2027 - PRnews Leader
Tue, 20 Oct 2020 16:37 GMT
- Zika Virus Vaccines Market Report 2020 Highlights On Future Development: Top Key Players are- NHI, Sanofi, GSK, Bharat., Takeda, Inovio Pharmaceuticals - PRnews Leader
Thu, 22 Oct 2020 15:46 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Invasive mosquito - USA (09): (CA)
Fri, 09 Oct 2020 15:58:45 -0400
Pests -- United States
Even as the Sacramento Valley cools down, the yellow fever mosquito is being discovered in traps in new areas. Some were found this week near Cresta Park in the Arden Arcade area, the Sacramento-Yolo Mosquito and Vector Control District announced on Wednesday [7 Oct 2020].
This aggressive day-biting pest, formally known as _Aedes aegypti_, can carry not only yellow fever but also Zika virus, dengue and chikungunya [viruses]. While mosquitoes breed more quickly during the heat of summer,
- Quantitative definition of neurobehavior, vision, hearing and brain volumes in macaques congenitally exposed to Zika virus.
- Animal models of congenital zika syndrome provide mechanistic insight into viral pathogenesis during pregnancy.
- Association between brain morphology and electrophysiological features in Congenital Zika Virus Syndrome: A cross-sectional, observational study.