Zika Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Zika virus. Zika virus (ZIKV) is an insect-borne virus, of the flavivirus genus, that is spread by Aedes mosquitoes. The most common symptoms of Zika virus disease (Zika) are fever, rash, joint pain, and red eye. The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting from several days to a week. Severe disease requiring hospitalization is uncommon. The symptoms of Zika are similar to those of dengue and chikungunya, which are diseases caused by other viruses spread by the same type of mosquitoes. Zika virus can be spread from a pregnant woman to her unborn baby. There have been reports of a serious birth defect of the brain called microcephaly and other poor pregnancy outcomes in babies of mothers who were infected with Zika virus while pregnant. On February 1st, 2016, the WHO declared the Zika outbreak as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). As of August 2017 the number of new Zika virus cases in the Americas had fallen dramatically.
The objectives of Zika Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for zika fever and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to zika.
- 20 years of health scares: CNY reacts to SARS, bird flu, swine flu, and Zika - syracuse.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 16:00 GMT
- Tampa pastor who claimed to cure Zika now says he will cure Florida of coronavirus - Orlando Weekly
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 01:17 GMT
- Why did Zika start causing microcephaly in Brazil? - Futurity: Research News
Mon, 24 Feb 2020 14:50 GMT
- Population-Based Surveillance Provides More Information on Zika-Related Birth Defects - Contagionlive.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- Army Inches Closer To Develop Zika And Dengue Virus Vaccine - Forbes
Sat, 08 Feb 2020 08:00 GMT
- Fact-checking on coronavirus far exceeds that of Zika - Poynter
Thu, 20 Feb 2020 08:00 GMT
- Why Zika virus caused most harmful brain damage to Brazilian newborns: Findings help explain why microcephaly cases less common in other Zika outbreaks - Science Daily
Tue, 18 Feb 2020 08:00 GMT
- Lessons learned from addressing myths about Zika and yellow fever outbreaks in Brazil - Medical Xpress
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 21:14 GMT
- Taiwan reports first imported case of Zika infection for 2020 - Focus Taiwan News Channel
Tue, 25 Feb 2020 11:50 GMT
- Zika-exposed infants without congenital Zika syndrome at risk for abnormal neurodevelopment - Healio
Thu, 30 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- Hospital-Based Travel Screening to Assess Zika Exposure - Medscape
Mon, 03 Feb 2020 17:42 GMT
- Birth Defects Potentially Related to Zika Infection Increased 4x During Early 2017 - Zika News
Tue, 11 Feb 2020 08:00 GMT
- History shows stocks typically rebound from disease outbreaks before long - CNBC
Mon, 24 Feb 2020 17:28 GMT
- Neurodevelopmental Delays Appear in Children Exposed to... : Neurology Today - LWW Journals
Thu, 06 Feb 2020 06:00 GMT
- Tampa pastor says he will cure Florida of coronavirus, just like he did with Zika - Creative Loafing Tampa
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 21:32 GMT
- PRO/ALL> New in IJID (02): February 2020
Mon, 03 Feb 2020 13:22:50 -0500
Coronavirus, Polio, Meningitis, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, Dengue, Other Human Disease, Typhus, Hepatitis B, Chikungunya, Zika virus, Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Yellow Fever, West Nile Virus, Cytomegalovirus, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Chagas, Avian Influenza, Legionnaires', Whooping Cough, Hepatitis E, Tick-borne Encephalitis, Hepatitis C -- China
The continuing 2019-nCoV epidemic threat of novel coronaviruses to global health: the latest 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan, China.
David S Hui, Esam I Azhar, Tariq A Madani, Francine Ntoumi, Richard Kock, Osman Dar, et al.
Int J Infect Dis. 2020; 91(Feb): 264-266.
Extra time and penalties in the polio endgame.
Melinda Suchard, Oyewale Tomori, Lucille Blumberg
Int J Infect Dis. 2020; 91(Feb): 252-254.
- RNA-Dependent Structures of the RNA-Binding Loop in the Flavivirus NS3 Helicase.
- A Simple Method for the Design and Development of Flavivirus NS1 Recombinant Proteins Using an In Silico Approach.
- Mosquito-borne viral diseases in the Democratic Republic of the Congo: a review.
- Complete Protection in Macaques Conferred by Purified Inactivated Zika Vaccine: Defining a Correlate of Protection.
- BPIFB3 regulates ER morphology to facilitate flavivirus replication.